It makes us sad to think of the people who are unhappily married, especially during the holidays. When you are unhappy, you behave in a way that doesn’t allow you to live your best life. You live just waiting for each day to end so a new one can begin. You tend to overlook all the beauty in the world and all the possibilities for a joyous life. You live with envy of others and the life you thought you were supposed to have instead of living with purpose and aspirations of attaining your dreams. We know this firsthand because we felt all of those emotions and more while we were going through our divorces. We also know it doesn’t have to be this way.
We also want to caution you to not simply jump into divorce because it’s at the top of your New Year’s Resolutions (right next to the Polar Bear Plunge). Consider these ten insights before taking the plunge toward divorce:
It matters where you start. Know your options.
- Divorce does not define you.
- Believe in yourself because you are enough, and you deserve to be happy.
- Bullying is never acceptable, not even in divorce.
- Divorce does not mess up your kids, it’s how both parents behave before, during, and after divorce that can mess up your kids!
- When negotiating your divorce, know that there is a difference between what is fair and what is equitable.
- You are stronger than you think.
- Don’t feel guilty for wanting to be happy.
- Knowledge in divorce is everything.
- You will be OK!
If you have questions for us or a topic you’d like us to cover, contact us at email@example.com